Sales and Marketing Alignment- Don’t listen to the Marketing Consultants, presented by CMO of SmartBear, Bryan Semple.
Bryan Semple, CMO of SmartBear Software, walked us through how he aligns his entire organization with sales and revenue, how the process is measured, and the terminology and nomenclature used to discuss success and failure.
- Meet with sales and marketing every week to discuss results and new ideas.
- Understand all the ratios/metrics and the rationale behind each one.
- Compare quarters to quarters and years to years.
- Measuring each and every step of the buyers journey is more important for marketing than knowing if they end up in a closed deal.
- Shift the discussion to revenue and find out what is working vs. what is not.
- Discuss what the number of leads you should be sending to inside sales per week are.
- What is marketings contribution to revenue?
- Marketing should be sending leads to inside sales every day
- Align sales and marketing terminology within your organization.
- What behavior does sales want to see from prospects before they call on them.
Overall, organize operational.