The Relevance Imperative: B2B The Way It Should Be, Presented by Russell Glass from LinkedIn Marketing Solutions.
B2B buyers are taking a random walk around the internet in hopes of finding products or services related to their business needs, at the same time, marketers are hoping they will get in the way of that random walk. For every 100 people that show up on a website only 5 convert, or make them self known. Only 20% of people who have opted in to emails actually open them because they find the information not relevant or interesting to them.
The solution: Create lasting experiences.
The five trends for helping create those experiences and get moving are:
- Relevance in mobile becomes reality- 50% of unique visitors are mobile visitors
- Brands leverage data to be relevant with better content and experiences- What are the experiences I want to create and what technology do I need to do this?
- Technology is unlocking a vast nurturing opportunity- Ability to track behavior and know exactly what they are looking for through white papers, case studies, fact sheets.
- We’re getting better at predicting success- Who are my customers who will lead to the success of my company?
- The fusion of advertising and marketing technology
Be relevant early. Be relevant on and off the desktop. Be relevant to known and anonymous audiences, wherever they travel online.